All of our items are handmade by our small team in Bristol, England.
We aim to produce high quality, long lasting pieces ethically and sustainably.
Being aware of our environmental impact on the planet we only use vegetable tanned leather, reclaimed leather and organic materials.
All orders are packaged without any plastic and using recycled tissue paper and card.
V E G E T A B L E T A N N E D L E A T H E R
The vegetable tanning dyes the leather without any chemicals which can be harmful to the surrounding environment. Vegetable tanned leather will also biodegrade after many years unlike chromium tanned or even PU leather which is made from plastic.
- No animal is killed for its skin. On the contrary, the raw hides used by our tanneries are the discarded by-products of the food industry producing meat for human consumption.
- Being tanned with natural tannins, a vegetable-tanned leather object can be easily disposed of at the end of its life, thanks to its chemical-biological characteristics.
- Our tanneries have made huge investments in depuration systems and waste recycling that make them work in full respect of man and the environment.
- Many of the substances used during the tanning process are recovered, recycled and reused in different fields. Hair removed from raw hides is transformed into agricultural fertilizer; sludge produced by the depuration plants is reused in the construction field to make bricks.
- Vegetable-tanned leather, recognizable from its trademark, does not contain any toxic substance such as azo-dyes, nickel, PCP or chrome VI
You can find more information here.
R E C L A I M E D L E A T H E R
Our reclaimed leather is sourced form warehouses where dead-stock material would otherwise be discarded. We use this material to make one off designs or a small collection of pieces.
H A R D W A R E
Our zips are from a small UK company and the hardware is from a UK manufacturer which is one of the last places that makes these pieces in a traditional, hands on way.
F A B R I C
We only use Organic fabrics to make all our non-leather products and all our fabric is guaranteed Fair-trade and GOTS certified Organic. We buy this from a UK supplier who work closely with the farmers to make sure these conditions are met.
If you have any questions at all or would like to chat about any of the information here please get in touch, we would love to hear from you.